Who we are and what we do
Bookouture is the UK’s fastest growing digital publisher of commercial fiction and part of Hachette UK. We are only seven years old but we have grown rapidly every year and have now sold more than 38 million books to readers worldwide. To keep up this incredible rate of growth, we’re growing our contracts and rights team and we need only the best talent.
What you’ll be doing
Supporting the Contracts, Rights and Author Development Director with creating and negotiating contracts for our books, negotiating translation deals to sell our books in other countries, and the management and collection of data across both sides of the business.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for people who make a habit of improving the way things are done, who embrace change and who enjoy combining smart data and creativity.
You will have a brilliant eye for detail and a passion for accuracy, as well as the mindset to improve our systems within contracts, rights and across the team. You will have excellent communication skills, and be able to negotiate in a firm, fair and friendly way, whilst maintaining the values and interests of the company.
- Be driven to producing great work with excellent attention to detail
- Have outstanding communication skills, and be capable of conducting difficult conversations with tact and diplomacy.
- Have a growth mindset
- Be highly organised, great at project management and able to prioritise a varied workload
- Make a habit of improving the way things are done, embrace change and enjoy the challenge of helping people to see things differently
- Have a genuine interest in the fine detail and importance of contracts and contract negotiation
- Have a good applicable knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A second language – especially German – is desirable but not essential
What we offer
We offer flexible working for all staff, whatever your circumstances. This includes the opportunity to work from home for one or more days per week along with flexible hours to fit your life.
Bookouture is a dynamic working environment, where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the capacity to change things, take risks and do things differently.
We are a fun and sociable workplace where there is always lots going on.
You will be part of a fast-growing company, with the opportunities for career progression that offers.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you have the talent to succeed in a fast-paced, commercial and creative digital business, we want to hear from you. Your skills and potential are more important than the number of years’ experience that you have.
For more details and to apply with your CV, please click here.
Salary range: £22,500 – £30,000 plus 10% bonus
Closing date: Friday 17th July